Here’s everything you’d ever want to know about the infamous Flatpass. (If what you want to know isn’t here, just drop us a line on [email protected]).
So What Do I Get?
Flatpass entitles you to free entry into all events in the 2017 festival programme (*with the exception of Kill Bill, Bugs and Take Me High) subject to availability. Book up to 5 events from the programme in advance, and then simply turn up first-come first-served for any other event you wish to attend.
Once you purchase your Flatpass you will receive further instructions in your booking email. Remember to wear your pass throughout the festival!
Is my pass diamond encrusted and holographic?
No, but it is beautifully designed with this year’s branding and a photo of your fine self, so we know it’s yours and only yours! Feel special yet? You need to wear it proudly anyway, and show it at the venue in order to gain entry.
How do I book my Flatpass 5?
Flatpass holders will be able to book 5 events in advance via the Flatpack website. The best way to do this is to create an account when you buy the Flatpass, if you haven’t already got one. Once you buy your Flatpass, you’ll receive instructions in your booking confirmation email with some easy peasy instructions. Remember, your pass is only for yourself, so you can’t use it to book tickets for anyone else.
There’ll be a number of tickets for each event set aside for Flatpass holders, available on a first come first served basis. We can’t guarantee entry to any given event, so fingers on the buzzers! Events can be booked up until midnight before the event takes place, like any other advance ticket purchase.
What should I do when I arrive at the venue? Will people bow at my feet and ask for my autograph? Will I need to wear sunglasses as a disguise?
Uhh no, but our lovely volunteers and staff will be there to look after you. That’s almost as good, right?! Head for the Flatpass sign and we’ll take it from there. Here’s a few things you need to know…
– You’ll need to show your pass to gain entry, whether you’ve booked in advance or not.
– A number of tickets will be held back for Flatpass holders until 10 minutes before the advertised start time. Flatpack box offices open 30 minutes before the advertised start time. This applies even if the event is listed as sold out on our website.
– Due to the fact that many of our venues are small but perfectly formed, we can’t guarantee entry to any given event (unless it’s one of the Flatpass 5 that you’ve booked in advance). You’ll be able to get in if there are seats left, but if an event has sold out, and the Flatpass tickets we’ve held back have all gone by the time you arrive, you won’t be able to get in.
– In the case of screenings and seated events, we regret that latecomers will not be admitted once the event has begun.
– Free events cannot be booked in advance unless specifically stated. Admission will be on a first come first served basis.
– We reserve the right to refuse admission to the venue.
In order to reap the rewards of your pass, you will need to present it at all events. Lost passes can be replaced, but we’ll have to charge £5 for each one to cover the cost of reproducing it. Your replacement pass will be posted within 48 hours. Requests for replacement passes made after 28th March will need to be made by arrangement, so we can let you know where to collect your new pass from.
If you’ve got to the bottom of this without dropping off, and have any other Flatpass-related questions, you can contact the Festival Team on [email protected].
Flatpass price includes VAT.