Our short film strand currently has 6 coveted awards up for grabs:
- the Short Film Award: recognises the most outstanding piece of work across all genres. Selected by the short film jury;
- the WTF Award: hails the film which is the most innovative and extraordinary. It recognises vision, boldness, and originality. Selected by the short film jury;
- the Audience Award: the crowds’ favourite;
- the Colour Box Award: celebrating the best short in our family programme awarded by the Colour Box jury;
- the Colour Box Audience Award: the kids’ favourite;
- the Optical Sound Short Film Award: awarded to the best audio related short film.
The film selected by the short film jury as the winner of the Short Film Award will receive £1,000. All successful submissions will be included in the programme at Flatpack no.13.
Submissions should be:
- films under 20 minutes long;
- completed since January 2017; *fully cleared, including any music rights.
We screen all types and genres of film but you can see the previous winners from the last three festivals here: 2018, 2017, 2016. If you’d like to submit, please complete the form below and you’ll be redirected to paypal to make the £12 submission payment. Please note that any submissions received without the £12 fee will not be considered.
The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm, Sunday 20 January 2019