Flatpack 2022: Call for volunteers!
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to make Flatpack’s sixteenth festival (sweet sixteen!) a roaring success.
Flatpack Festival is a brilliantly varied film and arts festival based in Digbeth, Birmingham. With humble beginnings as a mixed-media film night in a pub, the festival is now an annual affair, taking over numerous venues across the city. Flatpack 2022 takes place 17-22 May, and we have a variety of different volunteering opportunities available.
If you’re passionate about film, the arts and celebrating this in the city of Birmingham - we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for committed, proactive individuals with a passion for film, art, music, performance, or events (or all of the above). You'll be interested in making a positive impact, as enthusiastic ambassadors for the festival. Vounteers must also be:
- 18+ years old
- Able to work a minimum of 3 shifts during the festival (17 - 22 May) - there are morning, afternoon and evening shifts available
- Able to attend one of the following Volunteer Inductions on either Wednesday 27th April, 6-8pm, or Wednesday 4th May, 6-8pm. Volunteer Inductions will take place at Centrala, Unit 4 Minerva Works, 158 Fazeley St, Birmingham
- Opportunities to catch screenings and events when not on shift
- A chance to soak up the festival atmosphere as part of the Flatpack team
- Tangible events experience gained in each of the roles available
- A behind the scenes look into events production across a variety of Birmingham venues
As well as general support front of house at events, such as checking tickets and collecting surveys, from time to time we also need some additional support in specific areas of the festival, from guest liaison to marketing to production support. Read more about the different roles available on our Volunteer Roles information sheet (PDF).
How to apply
Ready to get involved? We can’t wait to hear from you. Please complete the short form at the link below to apply.
The deadline for applications is 12.00 midday on Friday 8th April 2022
Flatpack volunteers can claim travel expenses up to £30.