Please note: submissions are now closed.
Our 14th festival takes place 5-10 May 2020 and we’ve got some exciting news...
First up, we are introducing a brand spanking new award...[drum roll].... the Dance Film Award, which celebrates dance, music, and movement on film. You can find a proper explanation of all that entails here.
Secondly, we are now a BAFTA Qualifying Festival, meaning that successful submissions will not only earn a place in our shorts programme but could also go on to win a BAFTA, so there's more reason than ever to get submitting.
Other than our big news, shorts submission is largely the same as previous festivals. Here are the key facts:
- Films need to be completed after January 2018 and must be under 20 minutes long;
- Deadline: 11:59pm, Sunday 26 January 2020;
- Seven awards up for grabs including £1K for best short;
- Submission fee is £13
Following the success of Oh Dear Video Diary last year, we're going to attempt to do it again, so if you were a budding Spielberg as a teenager, and still have the tapes/mini DVs/DVDs of your masterpiece knocking about somewhere, then send them our way. All in the name of comedy and nostalgia.
If you think you've got something fun, embarrassing, or interesting then drop us a line here.
If you know Flatpack, then you know we’ve always appreciated artists who delve into the unpredictable world of making images move in a live setting. From live animation using turntables to live musical scores to silent films, we’re a broad church when it comes to live performance.
The key things to know before submitting:
- The work has to have some relation to film, cinema, the moving image. It’s worth exploring our previous festival programmes to see the type of work we have shown in the past;
- The work doesn’t have to be brand new;
- There is no submission fee.
Please get in contact with us here if you have something to submit.