Call For Volunteers!
We are looking for volunteers to help make Flatpack’s 18th festival (10-19 May 2024) a roaring success.
Flatpack Festival is a film and arts festival based in Digbeth, Birmingham. With humble beginnings as a mixed-media film night in a pub, we’ve grown into an annual festival taking over numerous venues across the city.
If you’re passionate about film, the arts and celebrating this in the city of Birmingham - we want to hear from you. An opportunity to develop your skills, gain new ones, and get a behind-the-scenes look into how a festival operates, you’ll become a key member of the Flatpack team and learn alongside other like-minded volunteers.
We’re looking for committed, proactive, individuals with have a passion for film, art, music, performance, and/or events! We would love to hear from people who are interested in making a positive impact as enthusiastic ambassadors for Flatpack.
- Volunteers must be 18+ years old.
- You must be able to work a minimum of 3 shifts during the festival (10 - 19 May) - these can be mornings/afternoons/evenings/any of these times.
- You must be able to attend one of the following Volunteer Inductions (Wednesday 17th April, 6-8pm, or Wednesday 24thth April, 6-8pm) in Digbeth.
- Opportunities to catch screenings and events yourself when not on shift.
- An immersive time in the vibrant Flatpack Festival atmosphere.
- Tangible events experience gained in each role.
- A behind the scenes look into events production across a variety of Birmingham venues.
There are a number of roles available -
Production Support - if you’re an energetic problem solver, like rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in, Production Support could be for you - you’ll help with setting up and de-rigging venues, running equipment between events and all aspects of Festival events in between.
Marketing Support - connecting with our audiences is at the heart of this role - you’ll be talking to guests at the Festival about their experiences, as well as documenting highlights through social media and blog posts, especially using our Flatpack Volunteers Instagram.
Colour Box Support - if you enjoying working with children, you could be perfect for Colour Box! You’d be supporting creative events for children and families.
Front of House Support - these volunteers play the vital role of being the face of the festival and the first point of contact for audiences. You’ll be greeting audience members, handling ticket purchases and helping to answer questions people might have about the festival.
Venue Coordinator - if you’re a people person and fancy a bit more responsibility during the festival, this could be the ideal role for you. You’ll support Front of House and other volunteers during events, while ensuring audiences have the best possible experience at the Festival.
Ready to get involved? We can’t wait to hear from you.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Wednesday 20th March.